About Where The Winds Die
Sardasht is a Kurdish city in West of Iran. Sardasht was the first city in the world to be victim of chemical weapons with mustard gas bombs dropped at 4:15 p.m. on Sunday, June 28th 1987. Where The Winds Die is about a romantic relationship between a couple before and after the bombing, and the effects of the post-war.
- Scriptwriter and Director: Pejman Alipour
- Animators: Pejman Alipour, Marzieh Maysami Azad
- Background Supervisor: Morteza Karimi
- Camera blocking supervisor: Abdolghader Tahazadeh
- Main blocking actors: Foad Chalak-Surur Davoodi
- Digital painting: Shiva Ghaderi-Abobaker Darvishi
- Compositor and editor: Pejman Alipour
- Sound designer: Mehrshad Malekooti
- Composer: Pejman Khalili
- Producer: Pejman Alipour
- Sound Creator & Sound Designer, Teacher in Sound Design: Thomas Gassmann
About the Director.
Pejman Alipour is a Director, Animator, Illustrator, and Cartoonist from Iran. They were born on Wednesday July 9, 1975 in Sardasht, West of Iran. They now live in Mahabad, Iran. Pejman Alipour holds a M.A in directing Animation from Tehran Art University, Iran.
An Interview with Pejman Alipour.
How did you get involved in working in film and animation?
I started with cartoons and after a few years I started animating and making movies.
What is one piece of advice you could give who is interested in going into film and animation?
Learn animation experimentally or academically. There are many ideas in our minds, waiting for you to turn them into films.
Why do you love animation?
Because it takes me away from reality and gives life to my dreams and reduces my fears.
What is an animated film, you highly recommend someone see?
This is hard but you should see any animation you have the chance to see, they must have something to say.