The Secretary is responsible for communication between board members and between the board, the members and the public. The secretary will also create and keep minutes of all board meetings.
Type of Engagement:
First Board Meeting Proceeding AGM 2024
Board of Directors, Members of the Corporation
- Advises the chair on the agenda for each meeting
- Sets an annual calendar of board meetings
- Sends packets of information to board members prior to meetings (agenda, any relevant documents)
- Keeps minutes of meetings and records of board decisions
- Files any corporate changes with service Canada or other appropriate organizations,
- Arranges logistics for board meetings (books a room, gets refreshments…)
- Attends Board Meetings and keeps minutes (official notes) at the meetings or records the meetings and transcribes the notes
- Support the Chair in encouraging constructive decision making by ensuring the debate stays on topic, and discussions serve efficient and constrictive decision making
Ensures meetings are kept on schedules as required by the law and the by-laws of the corporation.
1 hour per month