This position is generously supported by Ontario Trillium Foundation
Would you like to work in culture? Crane Creations is hiring a Rental and Volunteer Manager This is a full time position in Mississauga, Ontario.
The Rental and Volunteer Manager is an essential role in Crane Creation Theatre company, responsible for managing two major operations.
A Volunteer Manager is responsible for meeting CCTC’s volunteer needs and goals by following volunteer related processes and workflows; and recruiting, training, tracking and supervising volunteers.
A Rental Manager is responsible for following the rental process and workflows of our 200 seat theatre, Maja Prentice Theatre, including correspondence of renters, contracting, creating invoices, collecting and managing payments and rental schedules.
This is a vital position for Crane Creations offering an opportunity for developing leadership skills and communication.
Get notified about future opportunities.
Position Title: Rental and Volunteer Manager
Start Date: September 4 2023
End Date: September 4 2025
Type of Engagement: Full Time
What Will You Do?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Update tracking and reporting documents
- Maintain an organized and up to date Volunteer folder and documents in it
- Plan, schedule, organize and conduct a monthly volunteer orientation session
- Recruit volunteers
- Review the job descriptions with Artistic and Managing Director;
- Inform volunteers about their assignment and provide any information that will help them settle in;
- Set up and run automation workflow for volunteer management;
- Ensure Volunteers are informed about, and are following, company policies, workflows and training manuals;
- With assistance, handle conflicts and crises;
- Evaluate volunteers’ level of satisfaction concerning their tasks, support provided, work organization, interests and needs;
- Manage the volunteer services budget if the budget has been allocated
- Update the volunteering section of the organization’s website;
- Recognize the daily contributions of volunteers in social media;
- Organize activities to recognize volunteers within the organization.
- Update tracking and reporting documents
- Following rental processes and workflows
- Correspond with general manager to schedule appropriate staff for rentals
- Correspond with potential renters over email and phone
- Create and send contracts to renters
- Collect all returned signed contracts and organize them in the proper location
- Create and Send Invoices, and correspond with the General Manager to ensure all payments have been made in full before the start of the rental.
- Ensure Proof of Insurance From Renters Before Start of Rental.
- Regularly update calendar and schedules
- Mange public facing rental calendar
- Outreach and Marketing to potential renters
Managing and Artistic Director, General Manager
- Must be available to work in person at our studio location and Theatre location, within Mississauga
Education and Experience:
- Formal Training or acceptable combination of equivalent experience in administration.
- Experience working in arts administration is an asset but not required.
- Experience Creating and Executing Contracts and Invoices
- Experience Correspondence over various platforms including email and phone
- Experience in personnel management.
English. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
G1 or G drivers license
Knowledge or willingness to learn how to use Google suite, Excel/Numbers and Word/Pages suite, Slack and other software.
Being a resident of Mississauga or the Region of Peel is considered an asset
Crane Creations is committed to equity, accessibility, and transparency at all points in the recruitment and hiring process. Crane Creations encourages submissions from members of these following priority groups:
- Immigrant or First Generation Persons
- Persons Living in Mississauga and the Region of Peel
- Diverse Persons
- Francophone and Bilingual (French/English) persons across Canada.
Deadline to Apply
Date: September 3 2023.
We Can’t Wait to Work With You!
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject line “Rental and Volunteer Manager Application (Your First and Last Name)”
- Please attach a pdf of your resume to your application