This position is generously supported by Young Canada Works and Federation de la Jeunesse Canadienne-Francaise
Would you like to work in culture? Crane Creations is hiring a Bilingual Artistic Producer This is a full time position in Mississauga, Ontario.
Bilingual Artistic Producer is a key team member responsible for planning, organizing and executing tasks and events. This is a leadership position for a highly organized, driven self starter who can work under tight deadlines and in a high pressure environment.
Position Title: Bilingual Artistic Producer
Start Date: October 2 2023
End Date: March 30 2024
Type of Engagement: Full Time
What Will You Do?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assisting guest artists working in a bilingual setting on a number of projects (Bridges Puppetry Festival, Summer Ensemble, Playdate, Mirror)
- Project planning and execution (with supervision and mentorship)
- Act as an ambassador of bilingualism by developing and fostering ties with Francophone community in Ontario
- Marketing and social media campaigns creation and execution in French (translation of copy, writing new copy)
- Fundraising with supervision and mentorship (learning about grants specifically for Francophone community and outreach to French businesses)
- Translation of Sponsorship package into French
- Updating our website in French
Artistic Director, General Manager and the Board of Directors
- Be available to work online and in person at our theatre (3650 Dixie Rd, Mississauga, ON L4Y 3V9) and studio (2359 Royal Windsor Drive Unit 210, Mississauga, ON L5J 4S9).
- Be available for all dates and hours stated in contract.
- Be bilingual (speaking, writing, reading intermediate French and English)
- Be 30 years of age or younger.
- Be a Canadian Citizen, have a PR, or refugee status.
Education and Experience:
Post-secondary education and/or work experience in arts administration, non-profit management, fundraising, producing, business or equivalent, preferably with additional knowledge or experience in theatre or the performing arts
- Knowledge of non-profit sector, granting bodies, and fundraising techniques are important assets
- Familiarity with the Mississauga’s, Peel Region, Toronto, Ontario, Quebec and international theatre industry
- Attention to detail, willingness to learn, self-starter, ability to work well in both group and individual settings
- Highly organized, and willing to go above and beyond their expected duties
- Customer service and event experience are assets
- Passion for theatre, education and the nurturing of emerging artist talent
Mississauga, Ontario (with occasional travel local, national and international required)
Crane Creations is committed to equity, accessibility, and transparency at all points in the recruitment and hiring process. Crane Creations encourages submissions from members of these following priority groups:
- Immigrant or First Generation
- Persons Living in Mississauga and the Region of Peel
- Diverse Persons (Ethnicity, Education, Life Experience, Abilities & more)
- Francophone and Bilingual (French/English) artists across Canada.
Deadline to Apply
Date: September 15 2023
How To Apply
Please make sure to provide the following documents in your application
- Resume (pdf)