Artistic Producer is a key team member responsible for planning, organizing and executing an event. This is a leadership position for a highly organized, driven self starter who can work under tight deadlines and in a high pressure environment.
As part of Summer Ensemble 2023, the artistic producer will participate in InspiraTO Festival 2023, a ten minute play festival.
Type of Engagement: Full time
Start Date: June 6 2023
End Date: July 29 2023
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize and control the various stages in organizing an event including budgeting and scheduling;
- Communicate with venues and partners regarding availability of performing arts spaces, equipment and people involved in the event;
- Visit locations for planned performances;
- Obtain permits if necessary;
- Plan and oversee the budget pertaining to a particular production;
- Source props, set and costume elements and/or materials;
- Contract staff and outsourced work such as design and set/material production;
- Assist with set and audience set up;
- Maintain production archives;
- Create social media postings about the production;
- Facilitate outreach and promotion of the show such as distribution of flyers, posters and interviews with media;
- Update the website with new show dates;
- Update the external listing sites;
- Assist with sponsorship acquisition and appreciation campaigns.
This is a learning on the job role and will also entail the following requirements:
- Watch videos containing acting techniques and exercises;
- Watch video of professional productions;
- With the help of a mentor learn how to evaluate professional theatre’s elements;
- Participate in learning activities about professional companies (employers) in Canada, and internationally;
- Participate in learning activities about funding bodies and grants;
- Participate in learning activities how a budget for an independently produced show is created and create a budget for a dream show;
- Examine different digital tools used by theatre artists;
- Discuss and debate elements of professional productions and acting techniques;
- Learn how to write and edit a blogpost under supervision and mentorship;
- Writing 1 blog post per week.
- Be available to work online and in person at our theatre (3650 Dixie Rd, Mississauga, ON L4Y 3V9) and studio (2359 Royal Windsor Drive Unit 210, Mississauga, ON L5J 4S9).
- Be available for all dates and hours stated in contract.
- Be a Canadian Citizen, have a PR, or refugee status.
- Be between 18 – 30 years of age.
Education and Experience:
Experience and Education in Theatre is preferred, but not required.
English. Knowledge of any other language is a plus.
Google Drive, Excel, Word, WordPress, Eventbrite, Canva or Adobe suite, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter. Experience processing payroll is preferred but not required
Mississauga (Crane Creations Studio, and Maja Prentice Theatre)
Deadline to apply:
April 30, 2023
How To Apply:
Apply Online. Click the Button Below to submit.
Required Documents: Resume in PDF format
Successful Candidates will be contacted for an interview. If selected for an interview, candidates may be asked to prepare additional materials prior to their interview.
Interview Dates: May 12th 2023.