Crane Creations Theatre Company is thrilled to announce we are searching for an Artistic Producer.
This is a full-time position.
Reporting to the Artistic and General Manager and the Board of Directors, the position offers an incredible opportunity for an emerging arts manager or producer to lead a fast growing professional performing arts organization located in Mississauga, Ontario. The ideal candidate will be have excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and project management skills, the ability to work well in a team environment, as well as some knowledge or previous experience of a task management software, project management and CRM software, Slack, and WordPress.
Priority will be given to candidates who are residents of Region of Peel, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ or 1st generation Canadians (born outside Canada or to parents who immigrated to Canada). Driver’s license is an asset.
- Create operating budget with the assistance of the senior staff and the Board Treasurer
- Receiving, accounting and depositing all funds received
- Disbursing funds to vendors including staff, artists, contractors, and service providers
- Liaise with bookkeeper, payroll administrator, and independent auditor throughout the year
- Compile information requests for and collaborate with senior staff in writing of grant applications and final reports
- Work closely with the Artistic Director in managing partnerships with other arts and community organizations
- Oversee planning objectives and timelines
- Maintain all record-keeping
- Strategize on annual fundraising efforts alongside relevant staff members and Board of Directors
- Secure Festival program advertisements
- Organize Festival receptions
- Develop partnerships with local establishments and organizations
- Marketing and Communications
- Maintain digital communications and media accounts
- Assist in the scheduling of Board and Annual General meetings
Ideal Qualities and Interests
- Post-secondary education and/or work experience in arts administration, non-profit management, fundraising, producing, business or equivalent, preferably with additional knowledge or experience in theatre or the performing arts
- Knowledge of non-profit sector, granting bodies, and fundraising techniques are important assets
- Familiarity with the Mississauga’s, Peel Region, Toronto, Ontario, Quebec and international theatre industry
- Attention to detail, willingness to learn, self-starter, ability to work well in both group and individual settings
- Highly organized, and willing to go above and beyond their expected duties
- Customer service and event experience are assets
- Passion for theatre, education and the nurturing of emerging artist talent
This position will require the candidate to work out of our studio located in Clarkson, Mississauga. The studio is about a 10 min walk away from by Go Transit. In the event of lasting global pandemic the candidate might be required to work from home.
The employer, Crane Creations Theatre Company, is a member of PACT (Professional Association of Canadian theatres). Our mission is to advance the creation, evolution, promotion, and support for professional theatre in Mississauga.
To learn more about the company, please follow us on Facebook and Instagram, and visit our website at www.cranecreations.ca to apply.